by Paul Kortman | Sep 14, 2011 | Social Media
There are a lot of twitter list tools out there (see links below) but today’s post will focus on the basics of Twitter List Management, how to create, edit, and use twitter lists. For some of you who’ve already created a twitter list and know how to add/remove people skip down to the Advanced tools section.
Why Twitter List Management?
There is only so much data one can consume in a day. With twitter there are reasons you may need or want to follow accounts that you don’t actually want to read their content on a regular basis. You really have two options, ignore the content they are posting, or add everyone else to a list and just watch that list.
by Paul Kortman | Feb 11, 2011 | Social Media
Yesterday Facebook announced some major changes to Facebook Pages. A Quick hit list of some of the things that changed:
- Page layouts now appear like the new profile layouts (pictures at top, “tabs” in the left column under pic)
- Admins can be publicly displayed
- Page Admins can comment on public users timeline and other pages’ walls
- Lighbox for Picture viewing
- FBML is going away March 11. Welcome iFrames
This post is aimed at the non developer (or dare I say the web developer not familiar with developing on Facebook) in an effort to give the bare minimum of what is needed to get your first custom “tab” via iframe deployed.
by Paul Kortman | Jan 20, 2011 | Business
How many companies does it take to make a serial entrepreneur?
In my last post I introduced the idea of a bulk club buying software, my partner and I took that idea to Startup Weekend West Michigan. A team of 13 was formed and viola we were off to the races. 50 hours (24 programming hours) later and we had a functioning website, brand, name, and realization of market viability. (more…)
by Paul Kortman | Nov 11, 2010 | Social Media
Checkout this Social Media Inforgraphic from Flowtown. (Click the image to view better size)
I noticed two problems for this Social Media Infographic:
- This is data from April 2010, released in November of 2010. In the realm of Social Media and Marketing this infographic might as well be based on data from the 1980’s. I’d love to see how people are using Social Media for 2011.
- 9% of people plan to increase their investment in … wait for it…. MySpace. Wow, we really need to educate the marketers out there ;)
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments. What problems do you see in this Social Media Infographic?
by Paul Kortman | Oct 13, 2010 | Search, Social Media
I’m often introduced to people as a Social Media Guru. It drives me crazy, I have never once given myself that title nor have I accepted it. I understand that we humans have to have boxes, or rather labels for everything. From job titles to clothing styles, to even people groups, like digital natives etc. But we can really come up with a better label than Social Media Guru. (Besides I dislike being put in a box, you might call it a postmodern thing.) (more…)