Yesterday Facebook announced some major changes to Facebook Pages. A Quick hit list of some of the things that changed:
- Page layouts now appear like the new profile layouts (pictures at top, “tabs” in the left column under pic)
- Admins can be publicly displayed
- Page Admins can comment on public users timeline and other pages’ walls
- Lighbox for Picture viewing
- FBML is going away March 11. Welcome iFrames
This post is aimed at the non developer (or dare I say the web developer not familiar with developing on Facebook) in an effort to give the bare minimum of what is needed to get your first custom “tab” via iframe deployed.
I often am asked which CMS a client should use, and while I’m not a developer I know plenty of developers and somehow have been given the status of “objective recommender.” This morning I woke to find just such an email request:
Paul, If you woke up this morning and you Boss said lets blow up the website, start over will all things new and I want it done in 2 months, besides the panic, which CMS would you choose? WordPress versus Drupal verus Joomla versus EE? Or something else for a 2000 Page site… (more…)
Checkout this Social Media Inforgraphic from Flowtown. (Click the image to view better size)
I noticed two problems for this Social Media Infographic:
- This is data from April 2010, released in November of 2010. In the realm of Social Media and Marketing this infographic might as well be based on data from the 1980’s. I’d love to see how people are using Social Media for 2011.
- 9% of people plan to increase their investment in … wait for it…. MySpace. Wow, we really need to educate the marketers out there ;)
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments. What problems do you see in this Social Media Infographic?
I’m often introduced to people as a Social Media Guru. It drives me crazy, I have never once given myself that title nor have I accepted it. I understand that we humans have to have boxes, or rather labels for everything. From job titles to clothing styles, to even people groups, like digital natives etc. But we can really come up with a better label than Social Media Guru. (Besides I dislike being put in a box, you might call it a postmodern thing.) (more…)
You did what?
Yup, I quit the best job I’ve ever had. For one of the best agencies in Grand Rapids. My last day as an official employee of ddm will be October 15, next Friday. And no I did not quit with a whiteboard and a mass email like Jenny ;)
Why did you quit?
I have heard a lot of people give lip service to having their family as a priority. I have been watching myself fall into the same trap, (more…)